1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to the terminals (usually the browser) of Users that visit those websites, and stored. At the User’s next visit, the cookies are then retransmitted to those websites allowing them to store and access the searches performed by the User.
- to navigate efficiently;
- to store the username and the preferences entered;
- to measure the services accessed by Users, enhancing the services and the navigation experience;
- to send advertising information that is consistent with the Users’ preferences in the context of their searches on the Site.
2. What cookies do we use?
- session cookies: these cookies remain active until the browser is closed;
- permanent cookies: these cookies remain active over multiple visits. They are used in such a way that, when a User returns to the Site, they automatically recognise the User’s computer without identifying them personally, and provide a customised browsing experience by remembering the User’s preferences;
- first-party cookies: these are sent exclusively from the Site visited.
3. Types of cookies used on this Site
This Site uses technical cookies, i.e. those that enable the correct operation of the Site and are always installed by Mmairo S.r.l. These cookies are necessary to view the pages correctly and will therefore always be used, unless the User changes their browser settings (which may compromise their ability to correctly view the Site). Within this category, we can differentiate between:
- browser or session cookies: ensure the normal browsing and functioning of the Site (e.g. allowing to authenticate the User’s access to reserved areas);
- analytics cookies: collect information about the way in which the Site is being used by the User in order to improve the quality of the Site and the services on offer. All the information collected about the activity of the Users of the Site, the way in which they have reached it, and the pages they visited are in aggregate form; therefore, the data collected cannot identify the User. Cookies belonging to this category are sent from the Site itself.
4. Cookies used and their purpose
|Name of cookie||Purpose||Type of cookie||Source and origin of cookie|
|Google Analytics||Analytics||Track||Google Analytics|
5. Management of cookie preferences
Most of the Internet search engines (browsers) automatically accept cookies; however, it is possible to set one’s browser to provide a warning each time an operator attempts to send cookies to the user and/or to stop them. Most of the browsers report information on how to prevent the storage of cookies in one’s browser or how to set a warning before accepting cookies, i.e. how to disable cookies altogether.
Below, Users can find the pages describing the settings for each browser in more detail:
For more detailed information on how to manage cookies, please visit the website: http://cookiepedia.co.uk/how-to-manage-cookies.
If the User utilises more than one browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) the procedure must be repeated for each, and if multiple devices are used to access the Internet (e.g. from work and from home), the preferences must be set for the browsers of each device.